We are excited to announce the opening of the 2016 RMC Art Gallery for three (Friday through Sunday evening) imaginative and inspiring evenings.
The depiction of our fungal allies is a celebration across time and culture displaying the important medicinal, culinary, spiritual, and practical interactions we have with fungi. We invite you to dive into your creative mind and display creations reflecting the multifarious ways in which mushrooms inspire. The work doesn’t have to only be about mushrooms, but can speak to the environments and communities in which they are a part. From the scientific to the esoteric and all that lies between, we invite those who are touched by these organisms to express and showcase their experience.
Submissions are open to any media, including sculpture, painting, photography and drawing, fungal performance, installation, etc. And because art takes many forms, submissions of fashion and functional nature are also encouraged.
Artists need not be present at the RMC to display their artwork. Also, please know that all artwork needs to come ready to display; we will not be printing or formatting any of the work that is submitted, but we will take great care in the displaying of your work!
If you are interested in submitting to the art show, please email Alanna [email@example.com] with the following information:
- Full Name
- High-quality photo of artwork/installation and related info (size, media used, etc.)
- Any related video/audio footage if your entry is a performance
- Special needs for art (i.e. electricity, lighting, surface display, etc.)
- Artist statement and an optional artist bio
- Whether you would like to mail us your submission or bring it with you to the event
Deadline for submissions is October 1, 2016.